Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hello My Name is Tom

I tend to bounce all over the south and Midwest but I am currently in Florida. I attended South Suburban College then transferred to Southern Illinois University where I majored in Cinema. I have produced a series of short films and documentaries. I am better at shooting narratives but I enjoy shooting documentaries because I get to meet new people and people I would not usually meet. I enjoy Film Making and hope to continue making my Job.

Hey everybody! My name is Damon

Having the hardest time "writing through the suck". I have two projects that mean a lot to me and have not been able to get past page 60 with either of them. I will constantly revise or re-steer the story. I haven't written a screenplay by myself in over a decade and was hoping that by joining a forum, with so many brilliantly, creative minds; I could find the answers or the inspiration I needed to get over this obstacle.

hey im chad I am basically brand new to the filming world and also the acting word , I basically got in about 5 months ago i brought a canon t2i camera tripod and a 50mm lens , i wanted to get more into it, is there any editing software i can use ? or even screenplay software's? also im trying to start a independent  film company any advice on protecting my name ?

Hello. I'm Andrea. I'm new to film making as well as this site. I've always wanted make films but was didn't know where to start. I kind of figured if I don't give it it a try now then I'll never do it. I did take a film class in high school and basically we never touched the cameras and the one time i did it was for a good 5 minutes. So if anyone has tips i'd greatly appreciate them. Thanks for the time to read this.

82 (edited by shintougenesis 2013-11-15 5:43 AM)

Hey people, I saw this mentioned introductions so I figured I'd start here.

My name is Gabriel and I'm located out in Long Beach, CA. I started getting into film at a young age, through drama and a/v club in high school.  I began editing AMVs (Animated music videos) at around fourteen or fifteen and I've been writing my own narratives ever since I figured out that letters are for more than school. Anyways this is running entirely too long for an intro so let me sum it up by saying I'll be starting film school in a few months (I'm twenty-seven but I figure you're never too old to learn something new) and I figured if I wanted to meet people who are open to collabs or need some help with their work, this would be the place to go.

Also, ty Indy Mogul for introducing me to this awesome and inspired website.

Introducing John and Ann Shaw.  Our passion is preserving personal histories on video.  But, we are getting into weddings with some personal history woven into the final product. 

I (John) was using digital video way back in the mid 1990s.  I used a Media 100 system with 9 gigs of storage on four arrayed drives.  It was expensive!  Well, I swerved away from video into programming database driven web sites for several years.  Then I got mobilized stateside and in Afghanistan for several years.  Now, I'm back to video and loving it.

Annie shares the love of history and video.  She has spent the past year or so learning Final Cut 7.  We haven't moved to 10 for fear of another learning curve.

So, glad to be here and looking forward to meeting you.  We live near Weirton, Wv in a tiny town named Colliers.

Hello everyone!

I'm Candace, and I'm a noobie filmmaker! xD
I signed up on this web site in hopes of networking with other fellow filmmakers! - I have a YouTube channel (CnJz96) where I post tons of different things like; short films, animations, sketches, how to's and a bunch more to come! - This year, I'm looking forward to making a LOT more short films and videos in general, practicing my craft.. and hopefully meeting, and possibly collaborating with other filmmakers as well!! big_smile -- along with surviving my last year of high school! -- We'll see what happens ^_~
Super excited!

Hi Everyone!

My names Simon and I'm part of Eighty Five Films. I've been a long time admirer of the site and we're now finally entering our first entry. I, like a few others have said in the past, have wanted to be a film-maker since I was at school but lost my way. I attended Uni for a year to study film at age 21 but had to leave due to personal issues. Then finally just over a year ago, I met up with an old friend and got re-involved in the film world by joining his independent production company - Eighty Five films.
I'm 28 now and looking forward to making lots more films in the future.

Hi !! I'm Albert Antonio
I'm Indonesian but currently studying in South Korea.
I knew this site from INDY MOGUL (great show !!) and just signed up
Nice to meet you all
It's good if I can get to know another filmmakers and share each other's works smile

HI, i'm Maddy. I just turned 17 about a week ago and next year i intend on going to a joint program for school somewhere in Canada. I have always been interested filmmaking and have just recently wanted to persue it as a career.
well that's basically it for me. c:

Hello, my name is Cory Nedell.
I'm a hopeful independent film maker from Olean, New York. I've made dorky Youtube videos since i was around 12 years old, and I recently started in a career education program of Audio Visual Production, and plan on studying film in college, come this year. And yeah, I just want to learn as much as I can and meet others like me.

Hello all,

We are Who Stole My Burrito Productions. We started in 2002, when we learned we loved doing video and creating media when doing video yearbook. Since then we have done videos ranging from Vlogs, reviews, top 5 lists and church and nonprofit videos.

We are currently working on a documentary for a non profit organization. Looking forward to creating videos for you guys.

We are 2 brothers Greydon and Ian.

Enjoy!

Hey! My name's Aidan and I've wanted to be a filmmaker. I've never had chance to my work anywhere until now. Let's by the time I'm out of school, I'll be a filmmaking pro! Probably not, but hey, I might as well keep my hopes up!

Yours Truly,
Filmfessor

Hello -
My name's K. Shawn Edgar and I represent Decapitated Pitchers. I started shooting video and super8 film while at Oregon State in Corvallis. At KBVR-TV I produced a show called Northwest Morose and participated in others' shows. We shot everything from VHS, Super-VHS and Super8 film to miniDV tapes and raw digital. More recently I've mainly done short movies and political commentary on YouTube and Vimeo. Mostly create projects on iPhone now. I'm hoping to meet a few fellow video-nut-film-geeks in the Seattle/Tacoma area, and am working toward getting better audio equipment. Thanks.

Simple pictures, simple pictures.

Hi, I'm Carynn! I'm a young movie maker who hopes to someday be a great director. I've loved movie making all my life, and I want to go to a film school in a few years. My blog is: moviemakingwithrynn.wordpress.com
I'm also on youtube, so search for me!
Carynn:)