Topic: Fixed video submission page a lot

Hi everyone! I haven't been around for a long while because I've been hella busy. But got a new laptop and it motivated me to get some things fixed up on here. So today I:

• Fixed the video submission approval page for youtube videos. It wasn't showing the video preview or the thumb - now it does!

• Fixed the video submission approval page for uploaded videos. It now responds quicker and properly shows the video after encoding.

• Added a progress bar to the upload page for videos that actually works.

• Upgraded the encoder for uploaded videos - it's faster and higher quality now.

• Fixed some weird text errors and made the submit page more readable.

On the list: Uploaded vids now will encode at at least 720p.

So - what else are critical things you all want to work on the site? I know people would like to rename their groups easily, and I am looking into doing that. And I know we'd all love a new design, but that's out of my hands, so I can just fix broken things that are broken.

Also going to be converting the entire site to proper SSL. Should have been done eons ago.

Let me know!

Re: Fixed video submission page a lot

Awesome, thanks dude!

"God's away on business."

I know that we've had a lot of people in the UK say that they never receive the voting confirmation email. Seems to always be someone using Hotmail.co.uk email. I always have them check spam/junk, but nothing.

"God's away on business."

deadstrange wrote:

I know that we've had a lot of people in the UK say that they never receive the voting confirmation email. Seems to always be someone using Hotmail.co.uk email. I always have them check spam/junk, but nothing.

This is also the case with my hotmail.com email address so it maybe all hotmail accounts!

That is correct - our previous server was blacklisted from email all microsoft-owned email addresses. Hotmail, which is now known as Outlook, was completely blocked. Now on our new server, it isn't!

However, emails may still be going to spam, and I'm planning to move site emails to sendgrid to get away from any weird spam issues.

Awesome thanks!