Topic: Murphy's Law

I think I posted something sort of like this in the "we need new fights" thread, but I was thinking I'd fix it up a bit.

Murpy's Law - the adage "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

the protagonist(s) just want to go from point A to Point B or do one simple thing, etc. but things just keep going horribly wrong.

possibly 2:00?

any other suggestions to go along with this to make it better? is this similar to something else ( I'm not sure why, but I feel like it is, but don't know what.)

Calling me Amy or ZGP is fine with me. smile
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieGorePrincess

Re: Murphy's Law

I actually kinda like this one. I'd be up for it.

http://i.imgur.com/SNGgL.jpg

LET'S DO IT TO IT!

BOOYAH!!

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong" and maybe as another possible alternative "the one thing that may not go wrong goes wrong".

5 (edited by ZombieGorePrincess 2010-04-29 3:52 AM)

Balls wrote:

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong" and maybe as another possible alternative "the one thing that may not go wrong goes wrong".

do you mean like "something that shouldn't/never goes wrong, suddenly does?" maybe?

Yeah, a variation of the Murphy's law where only one, but very crucial thing, goes wrong.

I love this idea! I might do this one!

I think this is a great idea. Might put it up for discussion on the YT page to see if people are into it

A film where everything goes tits up... I like it! big_smile

You can call me Al. I mean, err, James.

I really like this idea.
You can make this in different ways too (scary, comedy....)
I'm saying Yes.

NewHollywood signing out...

I haven't been back since I posted that... Did this ever happen?

ZombieGorePrincess wrote:

I think I posted something sort of like this in the "we need new fights" thread, but I was thinking I'd fix it up a bit.

Murpy's Law - the adage "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

the protagonist(s) just want to go from point A to Point B or do one simple thing, etc. but things just keep going horribly wrong.

possibly 2:00?

any other suggestions to go along with this to make it better? is this similar to something else ( I'm not sure why, but I feel like it is, but don't know what.)

Boom!

"God's away on business."

13 (edited by beobug 2012-07-04 7:30 AM)

Do you think we could extend the time limit from 0:30 to around 1:30. 30 seconds seems very constraining if you want to make a film thats more developed than simply things going wrong. All the other current fights are just as short so it would be nice to have the option of making a longer but still short film. Whacha think??  smile

beobug wrote:

Do you think we could extend the time limit from 0:30 to around 1:30. 30 seconds seems very constraining if you want to make a film thats more developed than simply things going wrong. All the other current fights are just as short so it would be nice to have the option of making a longer but still short film. Whacha think??  smile

Yes please!! I have this story that I tried to minimize to 30sec and it didn't work. 1:30 sounds ideal to me.

Making movies since 2007.

For me, this would be easy: it happens every day.

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

Come on guys, the person who suggested this thought it should be 2 minutes. Surely it's only right if it is that amount of time, ever other fight is 30 seconds or less.

The shorter time frame brings more submissions. I'm sure in the future we will have more 2-3 minute fights.  big_smile

18 (edited by beobug 2012-07-07 9:54 AM)

I dont see why more submissions is such a good thing. More submissions means it takes longer to view all the films and vote which inturn might put people off the site in the first place! When FilmFights were putting out lots of 2 mins fights there was still a healthy number of submissions. Having shorter films can be good. As Justin has repeatedly said short films encourage you to cut down and refine your edit. However I feel that with these 30 second films you are cutting down on content, and instead of improving, it cripples your ability to make the good film that you want to.
Please dont tell me FilmFights has decided to stop giving people the oppertunity to make high quality short films (2-3 mins is still a short film) and in return, making quick, easy and most definatly not challenging 30sec films.

Already written a script for the Murphy's law idea but its abt 3 minutes so I don't think it'll go....but hey anyone who wants to film it can have it

beobug wrote:

I dont see why more submissions is such a good thing. More submissions means it takes longer to view all the films and vote which inturn might put people off the site in the first place! When FilmFights were putting out lots of 2 mins fights there was still a healthy number of submissions. Having shorter films can be good. As Justin has repeatedly said short films encourage you to cut down and refine your edit. However I feel that with these 30 second films you are cutting down on content, and instead of improving, it cripples your ability to make the good film that you want to.
Please dont tell me FilmFights has decided to stop giving people the oppertunity to make high quality short films (2-3 mins is still a short film) and in return, making quick, easy and most definatly not challenging 30sec films.

It's not going to be forever...just for a bit...the shorter time limit allows more people to participate and start using the site...I enjoy the longer formats as well but it's a nice change of pace for the time being...a 2-3 minute short might not sound like a lot, but for some myself included, that takes a lot of time that I don't have...the shorter time opens it up to get more aspiring filmmakers...don't worry, we will see 2 and 3 minute fights again in the future. smile

I hope I havent made out I dont like the micro fights, I think they're great fun, Penis Enlargement fight was one of my favorites  tongue I was just worried that were having a very long break from 2-3 minute films. The micro fights are a change of pace but i'd really like this fight to be bumped up to 1:30-2:00 for maybe a change of pace from all the short fights weve been having? As you've said, a change of pace is good smile

resurrectionist1 wrote:

Already written a script for the Murphy's law idea but its abt 3 minutes so I don't think it'll go....but hey anyone who wants to film it can have it

I'd like to check it out!

Extended this time limit to 1 minute

DazedEnt.Productions wrote:
resurrectionist1 wrote:

I'd like to check it out!

Team work!  cool

Justin wrote:

Extended this time limit to 1 minute

AWESUMM!!! We've got a script and storyboard already and a minute is almost perfect  smile