Re: Murphy's Law

tongue

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

First draft made for this fight! Shooting might be in next week. This is going to be my first movie for FF.com this year and I think it's going to be great!  big_smile

Making movies since 2007.

Me and Oli finished the bulk of shooting a few days ago smile and likewise, our first FF entry in aaaaaaaages!

Shootings are over! Starting to edit it in a few days and hopefully get it done by next week. It not be our best short but it was one of our funniest shootings ever. Hopefully we get to MW!

movieguy wrote:

Shootings are over! Starting to edit it in a few days and hopefully get it done by next week. It not be our best short but it was one of our funniest shootings ever. Hopefully we get to MW!

I love how you are just keeping us up to date. Makes me wanti to go and shoot something.
But I have a severe case of Writer's Block.
Anyone know a good cure?

^^ In most cases when I have a writer's block I usually go to a walk. Walking always help me to come up with new ideas and stories.
A month ago I had this another idea for Murphy's law and I even wrote it as a script. I show it to my friend who said "It's okay but it was too predictable.". So I decided to start from the scratch. I went multiple times on a 30min walk so I could come up with new ideas and get exercise at the same time. And it worked. I got a new idea, I wrote a script about it, show it to my friends and they liked it.
Hopefully this helped.  smile

Script written and its AWESOME!!! but its abt 2.5 minutes long sad need time extended some more!!!

resurrectionist1 wrote:

Script written and its AWESOME!!! but its abt 2.5 minutes long sad need time extended some more!!!

I bet you could make it shorter smile Cut down the parts you don't NEED.

Doing some editing right now with Pinnacle 12 (cause Vegas 9 crashed too much). I have to shorten this so much and I'm also trying to think should I do some foley myself or use some free sound fx from the net. What does the other fighters think?

Cutting is pretty much done. Now adding some music and sound fx. Also I found out that one of my shot had "burned" from the corner and I couldn't fix it by grading it. Does that mean instant LW for me? (Stupid question but still.)

movieguy wrote:

Cutting is pretty much done. Now adding some music and sound fx. Also I found out that one of my shot had "burned" from the corner and I couldn't fix it by grading it. Does that mean instant LW for me? (Stupid question but still.)

Not necessarily...I mean if you can fix it, it would be better, but it doesn't automatically mean LW...

"God's away on business."

Ok! I've done with the editing and just rendered the whole thing. I'm just going to show it to my friends to get some comments and see if I could fix em. Going to submit soon!  big_smile

movieguy wrote:

Ok! I've done with the editing and just rendered the whole thing. I'm just going to show it to my friends to get some comments and see if I could fix em. Going to submit soon!  big_smile

Good idea!

Submitted my first ever film! Probably no good but you gotta start somewhere smile

finalcutproductions11 wrote:

Submitted my first ever film! Probably no good but you gotta start somewhere smile

Exactly. That's how I started here few years ago. My first four films have gone to the LW but hopefuly it will change this time. smile

Hey, Just submitted our first Film, Hope it gets some love and goes thru to the judging! Planning the next couple fights already!

wade.copson wrote:

Hey, Just submitted our first Film, Hope it gets some love and goes thru to the judging! Planning the next couple fights already!

Great for you! Hope to see your film. big_smile

movieguy wrote:
wade.copson wrote:

Thanks For the support Folks!

Really Glad we made it into the judging process! Can't wait to make more stuff for FF

wade.copson wrote:
movieguy wrote:
wade.copson wrote:

Thanks For the support Folks!

Really Glad we made it into the judging process! Can't wait to make more stuff for FF

Welcome!  big_smile

"God's away on business."