Topic: Introduce Yourself!

Howdy, I'm Griff, lead admin for Film Fights.

I've been working for Film Fights for about a year and a half, with Justin Johnson for the same amount of time. I was assistant editor of the BFX Finale, and an editor (sometimes) on Erik Beck and Justin Johnson's new project "The Indie Machines."

I also work for Frederator Studios, the studio behind Adventure Time, as a media consultant, and am pitching WesScog and I's web series to them soon.

So that's me, introduce yourself!  wink

http://i.imgur.com/SNGgL.jpg

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, I'm Gary, filmmaker noob extraordinaire.   lol
My first film was submitted here at Film Fights for The Intro.  smile
Yep.  Not much of a film considering it was pretty much exactly 95% intro, but hey! There'll be more to come.
I more or less spend my spare time reading about film, editing stuff, and doing things with friends.
Right now I'm saving up for decent equipment so I can produce some quality stuff.
Until then I'll be stuck with my trusty handycam and basic editing software on a computer that has a digital coronary every time I try to do something even remotely fancy.  roll
I think I'll just enjoy the challenge of these limitations while I have them. 
Ok.  That's me, the other end of the spectrum.   wink

Hello, I'm Chris, I'm a filmmaker and run a small independent video production company in Montrose, Scotland.

I studied filmmaking at art school for four years but it was only after I graduated that I really started to make semi-interesting films.

On a day to day basis I mainly do promotional videos for local companies and some wedding videos *shudder* but hey ho, bills need paying.

Just recently made the transition into HD and got myself a lovely Cannon 550D which is still a bit of a mystery, but I'm learning.

Really love making short films, and think Film Fights is an awesome excuse to make films you might not make otherwise.

So yeah...that's me!

I've been into filmmaking and acting as long as I can remember. I've been submitting to Filmfights for over a year now. My ego got stoked when our first submission got into filmfightstv. I'm a husband and a father of four, one of my boys has been in several of my films and loves it.

I am planning on always being a part of filmfights as long as it's around. I also plan on shooting two feature length films next year. Bring it.

I might be the first Finnish filmfighter ever, but I'm not sure. I've been into filmmaking about five years and I make not so good movies (But that won't stop me!).

I'm teenage man, who wants to make good movies and I thought that FF is a good place to show and get comment on my films. I've been now a year in FF and hopely I'm going to make more movies to here.

Making movies since 2007.

I discovered filmmaking about two years ago, instantly fell in love with it. Found this site off of Indy Mogul close to a year ago, have been a fan since, though I only recently joined the site.

I am an aspiring director, writer, and editor, and have worked on various short films, mainly student films. I love helping out in different roles, love working with others to make movies, though I dream of writing and directing my own action-adventure series someday. (Workin' on a script!)

A friend of mine and I have formed a filmmaking alliance known as Eccentric Music Box, and we are looking forward to making our first submission to the site in the coming months, and I personally look forward to being able to participate in the creative community here and get some feedback on the movies either I or we will be submitting. See y'all in the polls!

My name is Sarah. I am here to share something or to increase my knowledge and I hope I could get useful piece of information in this forum.

Business Logo Design

Hi, I'm Andrew Chandler! I run a YouTube channel called AccuracyFilms where me and my brother make short action films.. They're pretty EPIC so check em out and PLEASE subscribe!
http://www.youtube.com/accuracyfilms

Well, I am Ryan Brewer of Zone 4 Productions and Co-founder of Magic-Time Films with my good friend Keith Melcher.

I've actually been following this web site for probably a year now and finally decided to enter my first fight with the Urban Legends fight. I'm looking forward to making more shorts in the near future and (maybe) winning a couple fights along the way.

At the moment we are knee deep in planning our first feature film titled "Something" and we hope to begin principle photography this next spring and into summer. In the meantime you can all check out the YouTube channels at http://www.youtube.com/user/Zone4Produc … ature=mhee

and

http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicTimeFilms?feature=mhee

Hi,

My names Chris. I was an actor for most of my life when I finally felt a deep need to get behind the camera and know that as well as the front. I loved the contest filmmaking circuit but found it hard to get people locked down for short amounts of time on very specific days. I stumbled on film fights on the frugal filmmaker facebook page and really want to use this as a challenge creator. I cant wait til one fight strikes me and I get to make something for the world to hate or love.

Thank you,
Chris Hackett

11 (edited by PimJanssen 2012-08-21 4:02 AM)

Hey,

I'm Pim. I'm 17 years old and I'm from the Netherlands.
Me and some friends started making short video's.
It became a hobby and we've gotten much better.
We learned a lot about filmmaking, editing, filming and acting.
It has been a fun experience. One time I was looking around on youtube and found indymogul.
I instantly liked it. A little later I discoverd the show FilmFights. I checked it out and thought it was really cool.
That's when we submitted our 1st entry "the New Orleans Photographer" under the name DUTCHLAKE.
I hope to make more shorts for FilmFights, just because it's so much fun.

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DutchLakeProductions .
Site: www.dutchlake.com

Hope you like our work,
Pim Janssen (Dutch Lake Productions)

Hey Film Fights,

I'm Matt and I am a senior at Florida State University. I just discovered this website yesterday and I'm looking forward to entering in many fights this year. Nice to say there are so many ambitious filmmakers out there. Best of luck to everyone.

youtube.com/luminouspathfilms

hey all,

My name is Manny i am new to film fights and glad i found this place. I am a writer longer then i have been a film maker. I am currently taking classes for digital cinematography online at Full Sail University. i currently reside in michigan but i am a native new yorker. i look foward to meeting new people and networking. i wish everyone success and cant wait to make some more videos. my you tube channel is www.youtube.com/gtwpoet if you want to check some of my work.

doverb wrote:

hey all,

My name is Manny i am new to film fights and glad i found this place. I am a writer longer then i have been a film maker. I am currently taking classes for digital cinematography online at Full Sail University. i currently reside in michigan but i am a native new yorker. i look foward to meeting new people and networking. i wish everyone success and cant wait to make some more videos. my you tube channel is www.youtube.com/gtwpoet if you want to check some of my work.

Hey Manny,

Another online full sail Digtal Cine student here. I'm in Oregon. Also been doing filmfights for about a year and a half and have learned just as much here as I have at Full Sail. Welcome sir, I look forward to your work. I subbed on facebook. Check ours out here: http://www.youtube.com/randomaxemovies

-Alex

RandomAxe wrote:
doverb wrote:

hey all,

Hey Manny,

Another online full sail Digtal Cine student here. I'm in Oregon. Also been doing filmfights for about a year and a half and have learned just as much here as I have at Full Sail. Welcome sir, I look forward to your work. I subbed on facebook. Check ours out here: http://www.youtube.com/randomaxemovies

-Alex

thanks alex ill def sub to yours. cant want to see some of the work you have done. how far are you in the program ?

doverb wrote:

thanks alex ill def sub to yours. cant want to see some of the work you have done. how far are you in the program ?

Not too far, I've only been attending for about 6 months. You?

Hey, I'm Matthew Pederson, as you might be able to tell from my user name. I JUST registered about three minutes ago (at the writing of this sentence  tongue ). For some reason, people have a hard time remembering my name and my YouTube account name. My first name has two Ts and my last name is PeDersOn. Remember the D and O. It's not Petersen, Peterson, Pearson, or some other fourth misspelling. Then my YouTube account name is MatthPeder. Not MathPeter. So get it right. tongue
I've been making videos since I was at least seven. Those were really bad. It wasn't really until I got into unicycling that I actually got interested in cinematography. You read that right - unicycling. You see, unicyclists like to share new tricks just like skateboarding, BMX, ect. and the easiest way to do that is through the combination of video and the Net. Because I'm only semi-decent at unicycling, didn't have anybody except a camera on a tripod to film myself, and terrible editing software, my videos weren't as good as I'd have liked them to be. But they were better than the videos I made when I was seven.
Recently, I've kinda fallen outta unicycling due to school but last November my school challenged us to try something new for thirty days and I'd never vlogged, so I tried to make a vlog every single day for a month. I learned some valuable lessons from that even though I've never made all thirty videos and lost subscribers (Now I'm down to 19 tongue)
During Winter Break I began to have what I think're some really great ideas for my school's Video Announcements that I'm gonna take next year. Fast-forward to about five days ago. There's a week-long youth-oriented church seminar every summer that I went to in 2011. This year, in 2012, they're having a Video Contest. I immediately started thinking about video ideas. This is when I realized that video contests could be a way to get myself out there. I registered for Online Video Contests and then found Film Fights. So, now I'm gonna start submitting videos.
Wow. Somebody actually read this entire thing.

Matthew Pederson wrote:

Welcome!

Volatile Productions wrote:
Matthew Pederson wrote:

Welcome!

Thanks! tongue

Well hello there FilmFights.

I just discovered your site today and took some time to watch some videos, and I love the concept. I must admit, thanks to my usual self-deprecation, I was fearing that I would be totally floored by a bunch of amazing people that I could never measure up to... and look at that, I was right. Still, I think I'm gonna try my hand one of these days.

I'm a 22-year old Danish fellow who only recently discovered that movieMAKING (writing, directing as well as acting) is what I want to do, though I've ALWAYS loved movies - and by recent, I mean "in recent years". So far, I have managed to make only one film, the 23-minute slasher "Middle of Nowhere", which can be seen, along with bloopers and a commentary, on my website, where I also host (hopefully) comedic reviews of incredibly bad horror films. I am currently working on getting my second short done, which we should shoot in February, so it might be a bit before I jump into the FilmFight fray. If you got 20 minutes and don't mind subtitles, I hope you'll take the time to watch my first effort - complete with borrowed videocamera, handyman spotlights, friends helping out and chipping in, etc.

Here's hoping I can provide som proper competition in the future.

Danish Filmmaker and comedic horror reviewer

http://horriblehorror.blogspot.com

Hey I'm Joshua Harrison, a freelance videographer based around Nashville, TN and Little Rock, AR. I'm 24 and majoring in Film currently. I just found out about this site a few weeks ago and have since then been hoping to find the right contest to go for. I just submitted my first ever film-fights video in the Un-Animated contest. Hope you enjoy it.

I've only had my own equipment for around a year now, but I used to do a lot of production work behind and in front of the camera in Nashville studios before deciding to get my own supplies and making a go at freelancing. I film on an ex1-r, manfrotto tripod with fluid head, sennheiser mic, use a 20 year old lighting kit (Seriously... You can cook food from the heat it gives), and edit using FCP and AE.

My Random Projects Channel (You should probably go there)
My More Serious Projects (Feel free to go there too)

Hi I am Trenten Black of Albany Oregon age 16 I've been making shity youtube videos  for Awhile now and want to hone my skills as a indie filmmaker and just better myself in the art and get an actual fan base to support me and give me new ideas

Hello! I am Nick Tanaka of Kawala Productions. I like making all sorts of movies. From Action, to comedy, to drama, i love making movies!

http://www.youtube.com/user/KawalaP

Hey! I'm Jalen! I'm 17 and I've been making videos, psa's, short films, and music videos for about 2 years now. I'm from the beautiful island of Oahu. I've recently been doing skits but I have some good videos on my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/ThisIsJalen). Subscribe?  big_smile I need deadlines to make videos so I can get stuff done, so why not join FilmFights?  cool  Hopefully I'll make some good videos for these competitions and improve my skills!

ThisIsJalen wrote:

Hey! I'm Jalen! I'm 17 and I've been making videos, psa's, short films, and music videos for about 2 years now. I'm from the beautiful island of Oahu. I've recently been doing skits but I have some good videos on my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/ThisIsJalen). Subscribe?  big_smile I need deadlines to make videos so I can get stuff done, so why not join FilmFights?  cool  Hopefully I'll make some good videos for these competitions and improve my skills!

Awesome!

"God's away on business."