Re: Introduce Yourself!

finalcutproductions11 wrote:

My name is Bekky smile I'm only 17 but already love making films. Our stuff isn't amazing, but we're learning with every film we make and I think they're getting better gradually. Just entered the 'Murphy's Law' fight. Hopefully one day my films will be up there with the heavyweights!! tongue Great site. Keep up the good work. I'm so excited to be getting involved.

Welcome to film fights! Can't wait to see your entry and am looking forward to competing with you in future fights.

Hi, I'm David. Not much to say about me except that I like to make movies, but I never seem to get around to it. I'll report back if it changes, maybe.

"If you've ever wondered where your dreams come from, you look around, This is where there made."
-Ben Kingsley as Georges Méliès in Hugo

Hi everyone I'm Paul. I just getting started in to film(just got camera and some other gear) and look forward to participating in future fights!
If anyone wants to chat, share ideas or just hang out
My Facebook is
http://www.facebook.com/Paul.L.Oparko

Well nice meeting you all look forward to seeing everyone's work.

Hi, I´m a musician and I have fun making videos. I´m not a professional in the art of edition, but I´m making my best to upload nice material, and I have an incentive by  partnering with google, so I´m here to learn with you more and make friends.

If anyone interest take a look, this is my channel, you´re welcome to watch and subscribe if like what you see. Thks

http://www.youtube.com/dsgtrword

Welcome to the forums! I checked your channel and subscribed it.  Can't wait to see your films in this site. smile

Making movies since 2007.

56 (edited by JoelT 2012-10-11 2:06 PM)

Hi!
I popped up here without really introducing myself so i thought now would be a good time to do so smile
My name is Joel (obviously) and I'm a 15 year old Swedish boy who have been into filmmaking as long I can remember.
I'm a member of the group FourHand, which make all kinds of videos, mostly action, but we do completely different stuff every once in while. We reunited just a month ago after being apart for about 6 months.
I found FilmFights through IndyMogul and I'm a great fan of both Justin and Erik.
Anyway we look forward to entering lots of fights in the future, but for the moment you can see our previous work on our channel, and on our website (which we'll launch sometime this month) smile
http://www.youtube.com/FourHandVids
http://www.fourhand.net

And BTW! We just finished shooting our Childhood horror-video today and go on to post-production this week big_smile

A part of Smack District, a network for serious and talented interntetbased content creators,
founded in 2013 by YouTube duo Joel Thorsson & Love Sigurd
www.smackdistrict.com | www.facebook.com/smackdistrict

Välkommen! I am excited to see your film and hopefuly you'll become a regular user here.  smile

Making movies since 2007.

Hey.  I'm Rob.  I came across this site and it sounded like it could be kind of fun (and a good way to force some creativity).  Looking forward to submitting.  Peace.

Hey there everyone, I'm Sam Rogers film maker / Youtuber i'm 20 years old and hope to make some friends while doing what i love. smile i'm No pro but if you wanna know more about me this is my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/MassVlogTv?feature=mhee

Hello FilmFights!  My name is Harry Pound, I'm 15 years old from the Minnesota/Wisconsin boarder area.  I like to think that I've made films since I was 7 or 8 but I really took an interest in it when I turned 12.  I created a series of stop motion animations using Lego bricks as the median.  Recently I took an interest in live-action and found this site.  I'm liking the layout and community!

61 (edited by ThePhantomMonk 2013-04-09 2:48 PM)

Hey guys my names Simon and film making is a hobby for me, something I do just for fun! I've into it for years and in 2009 I got a 15 second claymation shown on BBC3 TV here in the UK as an intro for 'Family Guy'! In 2012 I got Silver in the Indy Mogul Games DIY Project video contest and also was a winner on Film Riots Monday Challenge: Reverse Effect contest that year!!! I've just entered my first fight, the Whistling Past the Graveyard' one and I made MiddleWeight which I'm happy with for my first entry, I look forward to getting to know people here!

Thanks, Simon.

Hi,
I'm Azhari, an ordinary man who learn movie making. I'm excited to join this community. 

Thanks

Hey everyone! My name is stefan im from south africa and busy studying film! I  absolutely love film and all aspects of it. I have a youtube channel if any of you guys want to watch my stuff. I do allot of short films and also vlogs.
I had cancer last year and i can truly say is that film saved me from those dark times! I managed to even shoot a short sci-fi film with my brother while undergoing chemo.
Anyway im excited to be part of this site and im keen to make new friends.

Hello! I suppose my handle on this website is "Ephialtes," but my real name is Geoffrey.

Currently, I'm a graduate student in the department of physics at the University of Kentucky. I did a lot of theatre in college, but I never did any film, so this whole thing is brand new to me. I just bought a relatively inexpensive camcorder and downloaded a copy of Lightworks and have been playing around with them in my spare time. As lonely as it sounds, I made an entry for the "Worst Trailer Ever" fight by myself in my apartment with a bunch of socks and blankets and pipe cleaners. But it's very exciting to be receiving largely positive responses from people.

This website seems like a pretty cool and generally positive, supportive place, so I look forward to entering more fights in the future. If there is anyone in the Lexington area who would be interested in meeting-up and talking shop sometime, let me know.

-Geoff

Hey I'm Jack. I've been making videos since 2007 when I started making stop-motion animations in my basement. Since then I've gotten into Live-Action videos but still enjoy making stop-motion animation videos in my spare time. I recently finished a short film which will be released on my youtube channel on May 5th which I'm very proud of and other than that I have a lot of other videos on my channel. Check me out and give me some feedback if you have a chance. Thanks!

CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/JackCampise

--Jack Campise

Hi, my name is Jon and I am a filmmaker. I run a youtube channel called giant mutant robot (youtube.com/giantmutantrobot).
I have been out of college for a year now and I am still trying to improve my film making skills. So far I think I have improved greatly from my very first short film and my most current ones. I am currently located near Dallas, TX. I am really looking for some good criticism (by good I mean giving good helpful advice and pointing out something that I may not have noticed). I plan to try to make as many short films as possible. My overall goal is to make a feature length film that I can take to a festival and maybe get it released on Netflix and Amazon, and hopefully theaters. Please check out my channel and please be constructive.

Jon Q
http://www.youtube.com/giantmutantrobot

Hey guys! My name is Mike, and I joined FilmFights in order to craft my videomaking skills. Although I've been taking classes on making short videos here and there, I haven't really been able to put most of what I was taught into practice; I'm hoping FilmFights will give me the oppurtunity to do so. I already have a YouTube channel which features my original music and short videos; you can check it out below:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicBySav

Cannot wait to enter my first fight =]

-Michael

P.S.
Am I allowed to upload my videos onto my YouTube channel?

“Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story.”
- Leo Tolstoy

michael.savidge wrote:

Hey guys! My name is Mike, and I joined FilmFights in order to craft my videomaking skills. Although I've been taking classes on making short videos here and there, I haven't really been able to put most of what I was taught into practice; I'm hoping FilmFights will give me the oppurtunity to do so. I already have a YouTube channel which features my original music and short videos; you can check it out below:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicBySav

Cannot wait to enter my first fight =]

-Michael

P.S.
Am I allowed to upload my videos onto my YouTube channel?

Hello, and welcome to film fights. Yes, you are allowed to upload your film fights entrys to youtube.

Hello everyone, I'm Mr. Pix, an IT systems engineer.

I am new to filmmaking but I'm very excited to have taken interest in this field. I have learned a lot in a very short period of time and I'm looking to learn a lot more and perfect my skills.

I am currently working on a short film, and on several online ad contest in Poptent and Tongal.

I look forward to your films and your comments on my films.

Thanks,

Mr. Pix

"Stop trying to be a filmmaker and just be one" -Robert Rodriguez
--
Mr. Pix

Hello,
I am Will and I am a young budding film maker and photographer with specialities and interests in graphic design and stop-motion animation.
I first heard of Film Fights through the awesome YouTube channel Indy Mogul and started looking at some of the competitions and entries that were there. They looked great and fun to do, so earlier this month I signed up and submitted my first Film Fight film which awesomely made it into the middleweights.
With more practice (and with Film Fights help - both from comments and film challenges) I hope to improve my knowledge, understanding and skills in film.
In short this is awesome.
You should totally check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/user/WillsAnima … ture=guide

Hey you guys! (The Goonies)

Ryan, 29, UK. Media class 2003/4 forced to pick up a camera and make a music video http://youtu.be/Wa94ZZtL8BQ the rest you could say is history.

Early-mid 2000s Jackass/CKY was pretty big in UK so spent some time mucking about but have grown up since then. Spent years since then shooting short films, music videos and local events. If you watch any of my shorts you can tell I'm a Troma/horror fan.

Crimbo 2012 shot a Crimbo music video for work that went viral and ended up in press but can't talk about that anymore as we got a lot of heat....every little helps.

Want an excuse to pick up a camera again and I've think I've found it...Film Fights:)

72 (edited by Garret Lawrence 2013-07-20 5:41 PM)

Hello everyone,

My name is Garret, and I'm primarily focused on acting now, but I started out wanting to do everything else, and I still am. I've made one short film, and also won a car with one of my videos. (My youtube channel): http://youtube.com/user/4690films

The short film on my channel, The Warranty Department, wasn't me acting, but I did everything else, there are lots of booboos and things I wish I could have done differently, but I was in a time crunch as it was for a class, and for the contest video (the one titled as Bakersfield Hyundai Graduation Giveaway), it was a completely solo project, with a little voice over help from a friend.

I'm currently shooting with a Rebel T3i, along with a Canon 17-35mm 2.8L, Canon 50mm 1.4, and a Tamron 17-50mm 2.8. I've got some basic and very cheap rigging, but I make it work.

I was introduced to Film Fights by a good friend of mine not too long ago (like a couple days ago) when he mentioned FFCon, and I'm super pumped to go. It looks like a blast!

Currrently, I'm trying to get started in the acting world, trying to get with an agency, going to open auditions, that sort of thing.

I'm really looking forward to interacting with this awesome community of film making goodness.

Hello my name is Thomas Kwiat and I am in Florida and I am starting to produce my own independent films.

74 (edited by Hot Dice Films 2013-08-14 7:06 PM)

Hey Film Fighters!

I'm Joe. I'm very new to film making, but it's something I've always wanted to do! I'm 32 now - yeah pretty ancient for a noob. When I was just finished with high school, being a film maker was the one thing I really knew I wanted to do. Somehow I lost my way, deciding to take the road more traveled and try to make for myself a more conventional career. Well that didn't really work out either. Odd jobs, fast times, and a sort of bohemian lifestyle have been my thing all these years. It hasn't all been bad though, I've, traveled far and wide, experienced, lived, loved, had fun, made a buck here and there, lived in many different places, and met so many beautiful people.

I met a wonderful girl who is a costume designer for film and theater, and that has brought me to the land of Hollywood. Reinspired, and FINALLY having some time and money, I bought some basic equipment and am SO ready to jump in head first to what has always been a passion for me.

Hopefully I'll find you can never be too old to start doing what you've always wanted to! I hope I can make tons of great work, meet cool people, and become part of this amazing indy community I've been immersing myself in since I've started trying to learn everything I can about the craft.

I can't wait to Fight you guys!!!

I steal money from my parent's wallets to fund my films. Not necessarily, because there really isn't any money there. My name is Silas Rowland, 17 years of age at the current cycle of Earth around the sun. I've been making films since I was 14. Started with small skits, now I am doing larger scale projects. My favorite movies are Cast Away, Return of the Jedi, and Stand by Me. My favorite genre to write and create in is Scifi.

Here is my YouTube Channel: SilasRowlandTv

Teenage Mutant Filmmakers!