Topic: Violence Glorious Violence.

In this film fight the filmmaker would need to make a two to three minute film where the central theme is violence.  There would be no dialogue just violent scene(s).  The goal would be to make violence feel orchestrated and beautiful. All FXs would have to be home made.  No computer graphics…no store bought prosthetic.   Make something terrible seem wonderful.

They're trying to scare me into pooping my pants......but they're too late.

Re: Violence Glorious Violence.

courtjel wrote:

In this film fight the filmmaker would need to make a two to three minute film where the central theme is violence.  There would be no dialogue just violent scene(s).  The goal would be to make violence feel orchestrated and beautiful. All FXs would have to be home made.  No computer graphics…no store bought prosthetic.   Make something terrible seem wonderful.

ahh beautiful violence also is helpful as i don't have after fx or anything so sweet idea

Added!  big_smile

"God's away on business."

Awesome idea to make it totally homemade. Tomato ketchup all the way!

beobug wrote:

Awesome idea to make it totally homemade. Tomato ketchup all the way!

Are you nuts?!

Does "no computer graphics" mean "no color correction"?

jckobeh wrote:

Hope not. Need the CC to make thangs beautifulz!

CraigBoyd wrote:
jckobeh wrote:

Just in regards to Special FX... big_smile

deadstrange wrote:
CraigBoyd wrote:
jckobeh wrote:

Just in regards to Special FX... big_smile

Great! Thanks!

I'm kind of creeped out by this idea, but hopefully 30 seconds is OK

Instead of violence against another person could it be violence against an object? I have an idea for this one that I would love to try out.

SlugShellProductions wrote:

Instead of violence against another person could it be violence against an object? I have an idea for this one that I would love to try out.

Thinking outside of the box is always a good idea!  big_smile

Justin wrote:

Agreed. This could go very bad taste, very quickly.

I look at it in a "Clockwork Orange"/ "Bronson" way...I think it will be cool... :

Justin wrote:

I think this one would be better longer. It would be hard to justify glorious violence in 30sec. at 30sec it would look like we're just doing it to do it.

deadstrange wrote:

I look at it in a "Clockwork Orange"/ "Bronson" way...I think it will be cool... :

It's funny you say that. I've seen both those films, thought they were both great, but I wouldn't say either portrayed violence in a particularly glorified way. I thought they were both pretty brutal in how they did it. When I think of glorified violence I guess I think of it being more stylised like in Hard Boiled or The Matrix.

Volatile Productions wrote:
deadstrange wrote:

It's funny you say that. I've seen both those films, thought they were both great, but I wouldn't say either portrayed violence in a particularly glorified way. I thought they were both pretty brutal in how they did it. When I think of glorified violence I guess I think of it being more stylised like in Hard Boiled or The Matrix.

That's cool though...it's an "open to interpretation" fight... smile

CraigBoyd wrote:
Justin wrote:

I think this one would be better longer. It would be hard to justify glorious violence in 30sec. at 30sec it would look like we're just doing it to do it.

I mean that the fight's only compelling to me because it's short! 2 minutes of violence is a bit much, especially when much of it will be perpetrated by underage kids smile STAY SAFE OUT THERE

Justin wrote:
CraigBoyd wrote:
Justin wrote:

I mean that the fight's only compelling to me because it's short! 2 minutes of violence is a bit much, especially when much of it will be perpetrated by underage kids smile STAY SAFE OUT THERE

HA! Good Point. Violence doesn't = Blood though. Violence has many faces. But I get where your coming from shorter probably is better.

Volatile Productions wrote:
Justin wrote:

Agreed. This could go very bad taste, very quickly.

Very.

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

I think of moving music to set the tone and mood. Commerical blood is allowed...hate making blood.

So... We shot ours this past weekend. I started editing and realized I was adding in cg blood and it dawned on me that we are not allowed to use cg blood... So that sucks. Once we started planning we forgot about that rule. So we won't submit it, but we'll put up what we did on youtube and share it in the forum or something.

CraigBoyd wrote:

So... We shot ours this past weekend. I started editing and realized I was adding in cg blood and it dawned on me that we are not allowed to use cg blood... So that sucks. Once we started planning we forgot about that rule. So we won't submit it, but we'll put up what we did on youtube and share it in the forum or something.

Is there no way you could still submit even without the blood? It just seems like a bit of a shame to shoot the thing then not submit it, especially if you're happy with how it's going. Maybe there's a way to substitute the blood for horrific sound effects or music cues? Get the violence across without resorting to blood? I'm only spitballing here, trying to think of something that might help.

GhastlyMrC wrote:
CraigBoyd wrote:

Is there no way you could still submit even without the blood? It just seems like a bit of a shame to shoot the thing then not submit it, especially if you're happy with how it's going. Maybe there's a way to substitute the blood for horrific sound effects or music cues? Get the violence across without resorting to blood? I'm only spitballing here, trying to think of something that might help.

I don't know. I might try something, but the two shots in question revolve around a guy getting his head shot with a shotgun, and a guy getting his kneecap shot off. I don't know how would convey the same violence with sound effects. However, I will definitely try something.

GhastlyMrC wrote:
CraigBoyd wrote:

Yeah, you should still submit - it adds to your group page and even if you're LW at least your film is up there! I forgot about the rule for no CG anything.