Re: Violence Glorious Violence.

Here's What we did for this fight. I'll probably edit it down to within an inch of it's life in order to submit, but we'll see how it turns out. Let me know what you think; I would be forever indebted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwgSehBU … ture=g-u-u

Well first of all the style is great. I liked how menacing it was and I liked the shots and the lighting (or grading) very much. But on the other hand it was too long. You don't need to add almost 30sec credits there (unless your movie was too short) just put them into description or something. Also the cgi blood doesn't look that good. I know that it's suppost to be night but I think the blood was too black to me and it just seems too fake. hmm But the music fits well in the atmosphere so that very good.

Overall, an okay movie. Sorry about you didn't find out about the cgi blood rule but anyways it was okay.

Making movies since 2007.

I struggled to see how the violence was being depicted in a way that made it seem particularly stylised or beautiful. It just seemed no different to the way you would conventionally shoot a sequence with a guy in a mask shooting two people, I felt you didn't glorify the violence. A good level of production value with the van and location, but I thought the mask you used looked more corny than it did intimidating especially in the last shot where he peeks his head across the window. And the blood looked a naff in the shot where the second drug dealer's leg got shot.

Does slow mo count as a computer effect?

Yes, but in the rules it says "All FX's must be home made (No computer graphics)." So, I think that slow motion is okay but if not I hope that Justin would answer this.

Ok, I'll go with the assumption that its allowed unless told otherwise

finalcutproductions11 wrote:

Ok, I'll go with the assumption that its allowed unless told otherwise

Slow mo is ok...  big_smile

"God's away on business."

Can it start out with one or two slow shots without any violence?  smile

A part of Smack District, a network for serious and talented interntetbased content creators,
founded in 2013 by YouTube duo Joel Thorsson & Love Sigurd
www.smackdistrict.com | www.facebook.com/smackdistrict

Yeah, sure. It doesn't have to have violence in every shot cause it doesn't read so in the rules.

35 (edited by JoelT 2012-09-16 10:31 AM)

movieguy wrote:

Yeah, sure. It doesn't have to have violence in every shot cause it doesn't read so in the rules.

Okey, you're right  smile

A part of Smack District, a network for serious and talented interntetbased content creators,
founded in 2013 by YouTube duo Joel Thorsson & Love Sigurd
www.smackdistrict.com | www.facebook.com/smackdistrict