Topic: Childhood horror

Create a horror-film about something you were scared of when you were little.
Genre: Horror (or any?)
Limit: 3:30/4:00

Do you like it?

Re: Childhood horror

Horror

This, I really like!  Super cool!

I think this is a great idea! Lord knows I had my fair share of childhood fears...

It's in there now!  big_smile

"God's away on business."

As much as I love this idea, I wasn't an easy to scare kid... I honestly can't think of anything I was scared of. Can we do somebody else's fear?  yikes

RandomAxe wrote:

As much as I love this idea, I wasn't an easy to scare kid... I honestly can't think of anything I was scared of. Can we do somebody else's fear?  yikes

Gotta go deep man...find that fear!!!  smile

deadstrange wrote:
RandomAxe wrote:

You mean like.. Mr. BUCKET?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oZa38GVD4w

the horror..the horror

Making movies since 2007.

movieguy wrote:
deadstrange wrote:
RandomAxe wrote:

You mean like.. Mr. BUCKET?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oZa38GVD4w

the horror..the horror

hahaha...I forgot about Mr. Bucket! My little brother had one...

THE SLENDER MAN! HAHAHA

I was scared of a couple of things when I was little....

And I used to do some weird stuff so I could go through the night lool.

Aww yeah! I got this awesome idea with my friend AND I've just written the 1st version the script.   big_smile
I hope that we have time to do this but it's going to be a hurry because I'm also going to send this to the IndyMoguls Mogulween contest.
So is anyone else making their awesome film or what?

If you're sending this to Mogulween, why not Film Riot's Moday Challenge: Halloween, too?
Or would that disqualify us from any of the competitions, guys?

jckobeh wrote:

If you're sending this to Mogulween, why not Film Riot's Moday Challenge: Halloween, too?
Or would that disqualify us from any of the competitions, guys?

Yeah I'd thought about killing three birds with one stone

I could also submit to the Riot Film's Monday Challenge. So many places where to send this next film. smile
Also, I just finished my storyboard, edited it and added some scary music with it. This way I know already how I'm going to edit  the film.

15 (edited by movieguy 2012-10-08 8:20 PM)

So I shot my film yesterday and when I was editing I noticed that I showed the sky too much. This is a big problem because it's suppost to be night but we shot in day and I thought I could light it down in the post so it looks like it's night.
I don't know what to do but I'll still make it done even if wouldn't look like it was night.

Is there any way you can roto out the sky in after effects? Or mask it a bit?

17 (edited by JoelT 2012-10-09 2:34 AM)

movieguy wrote:

So I shot my film yesterday and when I was editing I noticed that I showed the sky too much. This is a big problem because it's suppost to be night but we shot in day and I thought I could light it down in the post so it looks like it's night.
I don't know what to do but I'll still make it done even if wouldn't look like it was night.

GhastlyMrC wrote:

Is there any way you can roto out the sky in after effects? Or mask it a bit?

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/ad … placement/ - Helpful tutorial from Video Copilot
If you're on CS5, CS5.5 or CS6 you can probably use the "rotobrush"
Worst case scenario, you can always keyframe it smile

A part of Smack District, a network for serious and talented interntetbased content creators,
founded in 2013 by YouTube duo Joel Thorsson & Love Sigurd
www.smackdistrict.com | www.facebook.com/smackdistrict

Sorry but I don't own AE. sad I was going to " not buy" AE but I didn't want to get by "not buying it".

Well I just have to stick with my gray sky. But hey, it's the story that matters not the small details.

19 (edited by JoelT 2012-10-11 1:04 AM)

movieguy wrote:

Sorry but I don't own AE. sad I was going to " not buy" AE but I didn't want to get by "not buying it".

Well I just have to stick with my gray sky. But hey, it's the story that matters not the small details.

That's the spirit! big_smile
It will probably be great anyway, looking forward to see your entry! smile

I actually had a similar problem on a video a while ago, it was shoot in the day (because of our bad lens), and I was then supposed to make it look like night in post, however somebody messed with the exposure so the sky got all blown out, we seriously considered re-shooting but were to close our deadline. At the end, we just went with it smile here's a link to the video :
http://youtu.be/uZtrHv0Ed5o

A part of Smack District, a network for serious and talented interntetbased content creators,

If it's at all helpful then you can sign up to Adobe's cloud thing (I forget the name) and it gives you a 30 day free trial of all of their software. Whether it places a watermark over anything you render out, I'm not sure, but it might help you get the job done in a pinch.

GhastlyMrC wrote:

If it's at all helpful then you can sign up to Adobe's cloud thing (I forget the name) and it gives you a 30 day free trial of all of their software. Whether it places a watermark over anything you render out, I'm not sure, but it might help you get the job done in a pinch.

I used that thing over a year ago so that's not going to work. Anyways I'm uploading it on YT and then going to submit the link to FF site.

It might go to the MW or even LW. Not because the cloud things but it isn't scary. It's more like a short comedy flick or something like that. I've never done horror and I tried my best but in the end, it isn't what I thought it would be.
Well will still send this to the IM contest, but not to the Film Riot contest and see how it goes.

Hope to see others works soon. smile

yeah...love the idea..i was very much scare of ghost in my childhood...the most scary and creepy was "evils dead" which i now found the funniest of all big_smile

Good idea.. i am also scare of ghost in my childhood.. the scary move which i never forgot is "exorcist".

24 (edited by JoelT 2012-10-28 2:46 AM)

My external harddrive (where i keep all files for our videos just broke while I was editing, so I tried to take it out of the case and now i see that the drive is broken sad
so probably no video from us this time.... and from now on I'll always back up.... sad

JoelT wrote:

My external harddrive (where i keep all files for our videos just broke while I was editing, so I tried to take it out of the case and now i see that the drive is broken sad
so probably no video from us this time.... and from now on I'll always back up.... sad

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping to see your film. sad