Topic: FFCon HOUSE

Hey all, would love to get a read on who's coming in from out of town.

I'm considering renting a house that I'd pay a portion of so it'd be super cheap for people to stay at (and it'd also be fun to have a central base).

You can rent pretty big sized houses for not that much on sites like VRBO.

Stuff like this ... (sleeps up to 10 people)
http://www.vrbo.com/382010

BUT I need to know how many people are coming in and looking for lodging. Our little place can only hold so many people, so this could be a cool solution that'd work out great for everyone.

I want to make sure it'll actually be useful though, so a head count would be great.

Re: FFCon HOUSE

I'm definitely in, I'd love to bunk in a place like that.  Also, since I'm Lead Admin, I declare myself god-emperor, so the plebeians will have to deal with that, just an FYI.

http://i.imgur.com/SNGgL.jpg

Need a pool & hot tub please

ps justin check out my group name under my username on the left, it has your favorite thing in it

I'm in.

Filmfighter since 2003 | Watch me on YouTube | GriffinHammond.com

Griffin wrote:

I'm in.

Awesome!

I'll look for places that could sleep like 6 people since I think that's a good range, with a big living room for socializin'

Also, I totally understand the costs to get out here can be high, so FFers who don't have the skrilla stay for free. Way better than a hotel room (or not being able to come at all because of the cost of a hotel!!).

Probably do something like a flat rate of $100 for the whole weekend and it'll even out OK.

Griffin wrote:

I'm in.

For those of us who can't make it...it would be pretty cool to see a Film Fights Con featured Indy News...  big_smile

"God's away on business."

Looking at booking this place in the hollywood hills ...

https://img.skitch.com/20120717-g46537yjjqikpgt17nh4utgaee.jpg
https://img.skitch.com/20120717-eyxxb8iehk117e19kah18we16y.jpg
https://img.skitch.com/20120717-ni2prcdqe1gwc8qnjs4g5113nb.jpg

Are you going to be renting a car, Griffin H.?

I really really really want to make it down. Currently looking into cheap ways to get down there. Also, What's going on that sunday? I might need to be back by 2pm ish that day.  roll

BTW that place looks amazing. Might not want to leave...

RandomAxe wrote:

I really really really want to make it down. Currently looking into cheap ways to get down there. Also, What's going on that sunday? I might need to be back by 2pm ish that day.  roll

Life is too short to spend it not having adventures, especially ones I'm going out of my way to make financially feasible for as many people as possible!

Sunday is very much a chill day where a lot of people will be heading out, so really the buik of it is the Film Fight on saturday and then hanging out on Thursday and Friday.

Film Fights...It's not a job...it's an adventure!!!  cool

This Con is going to be LEGEND........................wait for it...........................ARY!!!!!!!!   big_smile

"God's away on business."

Damn, that's a nice place for $100. Cheaper than a hotel.

14 (edited by dbilleaux 2012-07-24 2:45 PM)

*GASPS FOR AIR*

I'm ALIVE!!!!!!

I'd throw down all my babies to stay in a place like that for a weekend.
Fortunately I don't have any babies, so I'll just throw down some money.

Jeremy wrote:

Damn, that's a nice place for $100. Cheaper than a hotel.

I mean it's not REALLY $100 ... I'm going to be losing hundreds of dollars subsidizing the actual cost. But $100 for my FFers!!

deadstrange wrote:
Griffin wrote:

I'm in.

For those of us who can't make it...it would be pretty cool to see a Film Fights Con featured Indy News...  big_smile

If you did that wouldn't hundreds of people want to go for the 10th? Maybe I'm exaggerating with hundreds but you know what I mean. Wouldn't FFcon be a bit spoilt if there more non-FFers there than true believas?

Volatile Productions wrote:
deadstrange wrote:
Griffin wrote:

I'm in.

If you did that wouldn't hundreds of people want to go for the 10th? Maybe I'm exaggerating with hundreds but you know what I mean. Wouldn't FFcon be a bit spoilt if there more non-FFers there than true believas?

I think that's valid -- but I think it could be a good first step for a lot of new people to be aware of the site, the major players, and start submitting on their own

Justin wrote:

I think that's valid -- but I think it could be a good first step for a lot of new people to be aware of the site, the major players, and start submitting on their own

That's a good point. In the old days of Indy Mogul, FilmFights got a bit more exposure with the IM blog - the newer viewers don't seem to be as aware of it because everything's just done through youtube now