Topic: Rebel

Say threre is some kind of law or regulation, and your main character doesn't like it. They break the rule, or cross into some place they shouldn't, or some sort.

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

Re: Rebel

Rottenpopcorn wrote:

Say threre is some kind of law or regulation, and your main character doesn't like it. They break the rule, or cross into some place they shouldn't, or some sort.

Interesting. Maybe we could decide what the law is from the outset? Like you can pick from one of 3 laws to break ... no dancing, no fighting, or no swimming.

Or .. something ... something where people have a more specific idea-starter.

I like that. Giving us choices, but not letting us create the rules.
Tho I think it would work if we could exaggerate it more. Like, something from the day to day life is prohibited, to a ridiculous level.

jckobeh wrote:

Tho I think it would work if we could exaggerate it more. Like, something from the day to day life is prohibited, to a ridiculous level.

Like no bacon or denim, or no certain hair style? What do you mean?

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

It reminds me of '1984.' No unclean thoughts. An overbearing system with ridiculous rules.

Rottenpopcorn wrote:
jckobeh wrote:

Like no bacon or denim, or no certain hair style? What do you mean?

"You can't stare at the clouds." so we have a bunch of hippies making protests.
"You can't not eat pizza on Friday."
You know, if the government finally went mad.

Could you base the film on a specific set of rules? Like what if the government in question took the christian bible in an extreme literal sense and regulated it's "laws." It the bible, women to be wed who are found out to be non-virgins were to be slain.

RandomAxe wrote:

Could you base the film on a specific set of rules? Like what if the government in question took the christian bible in an extreme literal sense and regulated it's "laws." It the bible, women to be wed who are found out to be non-virgins were to be slain.

eepers. I didn't know that.

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

Boom!

"God's away on business."

I like this idea. This could be interesting. smile

Making movies since 2007.

Got a GREAT one for this. Should be fairly easy, but casting might be a bitch. Lots of extras...  big_smile

RandomAxe wrote:

Got a GREAT one for this. Should be fairly easy, but casting might be a bitch. Lots of extras...  big_smile

So excited how it's going to turn out.  big_smile

Making movies since 2007.