Topic: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

I think there are two big options for our 10 year anniversary.

Las Vegas

I love the idea of Vegas because flights are CHEAP (and it's also drive-able for all the people out here in LA). It's also a place you can go out and have a lot of fun and not worry about people complaining. Rich in cinema history, and imagine the kinds of crazy films we can make with all the colorful and wild stuff over there! It can be deadly hot in the summer though, but probably more affordable than other times.

Florida

Orlando is a pretty cheap airport to fly into, and it's a quick drive to either coast. I'd love to rent a BIG beach house somewhere on the Gulf coast, and enjoy beach BBQ cook outs, and do the suburbia thing like we did back in the midwest for our first Con. Downside is that Florida is a far drive for most everyone, and not sure we have that large of a built-in community in that area compared to other places.

Thoughts?

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

I would LOVE either really. And you really make good points for both. If I had to choose one, HAD to, it'd probably be Vegas, only because it's easier to get to...

On the other hand I'm more of a beach BBQ kinda guy. Not that I've ever been to one, but I'm more that guy than the Vegas/Casino/Night Life kinda guy...

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

RandomAxe wrote:

I would LOVE either really. And you really make good points for both. If I had to choose one, HAD to, it'd probably be Vegas, only because it's easier to get to...

On the other hand I'm more of a beach BBQ kinda guy. Not that I've ever been to one, but I'm more that guy than the Vegas/Casino/Night Life kinda guy...

I've been to Vegas a bunch of times and never really gamble. It's a fun party city, and has lots of good food and stuff to do which makes it very appealing for this sort of thing.

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

Justin wrote:
RandomAxe wrote:

I would LOVE either really. And you really make good points for both. If I had to choose one, HAD to, it'd probably be Vegas, only because it's easier to get to...

On the other hand I'm more of a beach BBQ kinda guy. Not that I've ever been to one, but I'm more that guy than the Vegas/Casino/Night Life kinda guy...

I've been to Vegas a bunch of times and never really gamble. It's a fun party city, and has lots of good food and stuff to do which makes it very appealing for this sort of thing.

Interesting. Guess I've just never really looked into it. I think it may have my vote. I'll wait for others to weigh in though. C'mon guys we only have a year to plan this!  tongue

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

I could stand to visit Vegas again. Only been there once. Super bummed I couldn't make it the LA one this year, though. Still, I got a little more time with this one. I can get super cheap flights to Las Vegas pretty much year round. $100 round trip. I deal blackjack for a living so I could also be a handy guy to have around. wink

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

I was all set to plan my LA trip for next year...guess I'll just have to visit the states twice then smile
I've been to Florida a few times and love it there, but I've never been to Vegas, so that would be really cool!

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

GhastlyMrC wrote:

I was all set to plan my LA trip for next year...guess I'll just have to visit the states twice then smile
I've been to Florida a few times and love it there, but I've never been to Vegas, so that would be really cool!

LA isn't too far from Vegas - you should plan a flight and then a road trip! You can see the american southwest, it's pretty rad out here

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

As much as the Florida trip would be awesome, logistically I think Vegas makes the most sense. Easier drive and cheaper flights.

"I'm not a player I just f*** a lot." - Harry S. Truman
Chad from
HEY KILLER FILMS

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

I've been to Vegas once before (on a school Geography trip haha!) and it was great. Justin's right about the food and I would love to explore more of that city. It sucks that Matt and I wouldn't be able to drink because you guys have the stupid over 21 law (sheesh) but it would be great fun anyway. I remember that New York New York rollercoaster was pretty good.

Having said that Florida would be nice to see, but to be honest it doesn't matter where we have it. I'm coming no matter what

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

If i only had the money, haha.

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

PimJanssen wrote:

If i only had the money, haha.

I'm starting to save now smile

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

Either location is fine by me. I'm about equidistant from either, and I'd attend anywhere!

Filmfighter since 2003 | Watch me on YouTube | GriffinHammond.com

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

I choose vegas It's closer to me and I've been there a fer times in my life. Plus we could take advantage of filming in the desert.

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

Start saving guys...it is worth it for sure!!!  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

"God's away on business."

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

I'm new to the forum, but I've seen what you guys have been doing and I love it. For me Florida would be great since I'm in Puerto Rico and It is a "cheap"/"Short" flight from here. I would love to get up there for the learning experience, fun and meeting new people that are into the thing I love the most, which is making movies.
Keep in touch guys.

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

ektol wrote:

I'm new to the forum, but I've seen what you guys have been doing and I love it. For me Florida would be great since I'm in Puerto Rico and It is a "cheap"/"Short" flight from here. I would love to get up there for the learning experience, fun and meeting new people that are into the thing I love the most, which is making movies.
Keep in touch guys.

I'd love to visit Puerto Rico some time!!! Seems like a cool place with awesome food

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

LET'S GO TO PUERTO RICO!!!

Haha that would be sweet

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

Justin wrote:
ektol wrote:

I'm new to the forum, but I've seen what you guys have been doing and I love it. For me Florida would be great since I'm in Puerto Rico and It is a "cheap"/"Short" flight from here. I would love to get up there for the learning experience, fun and meeting new people that are into the thing I love the most, which is making movies.
Keep in touch guys.

I'd love to visit Puerto Rico some time!!! Seems like a cool place with awesome food

Puerto Rico is awesome man, like you said, the food is great, its not that expensive, and there are a LOT of filmmakers here making good stuff. If you decide to visit let me know.
The cool thing about PR is that you don't need a Passport to visit PR since is a US Commonwealth.

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

Volatile Productions wrote:

LET'S GO TO PUERTO RICO!!!

Haha that would be sweet

The advantage of Puerto Rico is filming in the Rain Forest, etc. We have awesome locations.

But I think it may be a little too expensive for most of the people in the northern and west parts of USA and Other places around the world.

Like I said, I vote for Florida.

I haven't been to Vegas before, But since it is a big city, It might get to crowded.

BUT, if you guys choose Vegas, I will try to make the trip never the less.

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

do it in vegas idiot

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/AlasdairC/0000006593.gif
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/AlasdairC/9e8d9684917a6d2baaae86eb5a8f247b802.gif

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

ektol wrote:
Volatile Productions wrote:

LET'S GO TO PUERTO RICO!!!

Haha that would be sweet

The advantage of Puerto Rico is filming in the Rain Forest, etc. We have awesome locations.

But I think it may be a little too expensive for most of the people in the northern and west parts of USA and Other places around the world.

Like I said, I vote for Florida.

I haven't been to Vegas before, But since it is a big city, It might get to crowded.

BUT, if you guys choose Vegas, I will try to make the trip never the less.

Some day ... I will visit ... but not for FFCon, haha smile

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

Justin wrote:
ektol wrote:
Volatile Productions wrote:

LET'S GO TO PUERTO RICO!!!

Haha that would be sweet

The advantage of Puerto Rico is filming in the Rain Forest, etc. We have awesome locations.

But I think it may be a little too expensive for most of the people in the northern and west parts of USA and Other places around the world.

Like I said, I vote for Florida.

I haven't been to Vegas before, But since it is a big city, It might get to crowded.

BUT, if you guys choose Vegas, I will try to make the trip never the less.

Some day ... I will visit ... but not for FFCon, haha smile

Yeah, for FFCon it will be too much pain in the ass.

Eitherway. Vegas or Florida?!

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

ektol wrote:
Justin wrote:
ektol wrote:

The advantage of Puerto Rico is filming in the Rain Forest, etc. We have awesome locations.

But I think it may be a little too expensive for most of the people in the northern and west parts of USA and Other places around the world.

Like I said, I vote for Florida.

I haven't been to Vegas before, But since it is a big city, It might get to crowded.

BUT, if you guys choose Vegas, I will try to make the trip never the less.

Some day ... I will visit ... but not for FFCon, haha smile

Yeah, for FFCon it will be too much pain in the ass.

Eitherway. Vegas or Florida?!

80% chance it'll be Vegas smile

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

cool

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/AlasdairC/0000006593.gif
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/AlasdairC/9e8d9684917a6d2baaae86eb5a8f247b802.gif

Re: FFCon2k13: 10 Year Anniversary

VEGAS BABY!!!

Hahaha wanted to post in this!