Topic: Mid-October fight

Since the last fight on the future fights list ends in the middle of October I was thinking we could do something for halloween. I was thinking either a halloween themed video or a video about candy. Make an entry that involves your favorite candy in the plot. Those are just my ideas. I'm open to hear what everyone else wants to do for halloween on film fights.

Re: Mid-October fight

I definitely want to do a Halloween fight... Hmm. Ideas ideas.

-A straight up Halloween fight. Could be anything but has to involve the holiday.
-Find a mask at a costume shop and base a film on it.
-Something to do with slasher flicks??
-Classic monsters reboot? Dracula, wolf man, creature from the black lagoon and Frankenstein...

HALLOWEEN!! Love it.

I like the monster reboot thing. Brain currenty scanning for plot.

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

4 (edited by GhastlyMrC 2012-08-21 11:32 PM)

I have no idea how it could be done and I'm just thinking of something that could be cool, rather than an actual 'Fight', but how awesome would it be to each submit a short film which then joined together ala 'Trick 'r' Treat', with elements of each others films peppered throughout one another, stories linking up etc.
That would be a crazy Halloween special!

I'm with RandomAxe

GhastlyMrC wrote:

I have no idea how it could be done and I'm just thinking of something that could be cool, rather than an actual 'Fight', but how awesome would it be to each submit a short film which then joined together ala 'Trick 'r' Treat', with elements of each others films peppered throughout one another, stories linking up etc.

That would be crazy awesome!

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

Rottenpopcorn wrote:
GhastlyMrC wrote:

That would be crazy awesome!

I concure. Crazy awesome this would be, but it's hard to wrap my brain around the logistics. It would take mass comunication and such.

Let's do this!

Making movies since 2007.

GhastlyMrC wrote:

Color me interested. I'm in let's start planning now.

GhastlyMrC wrote:

As awesome as this sounds, I think it would be nearly impossible. There would need to be some immense collaboration, someone would have to take lead on a final cut, and it seems there'd be no "competition."

HOWEVER, the idea is badass and I actually tried recruiting a bunch of fighters a while back for an anthology based on the seven deadly sins a while back, but it seemed there was no interest.

It would be interesting to pair up with other fighters who are SURE they'll get a film done and take one element and connect it. i.e., In one film a baseball player and his friend knock a ball through someone's window accidentally and run off laughing. Another film will include a scene where someone's window gets smashed by a ball and they hear someone laughing as they run away. This film would also have an element that the next film would take on... Make sense?

That's one of the things I had planned for the "Sinners" anthology...

Although, I'm REALLY starting to fall in love with the Classic Monster reboot/reimagining idea...  cool

Yeah totally. Like I said, I was more kind of thinking aloud, but it would be cool to see little nuggets of each others stories intertwining, as long as they made sense and were justified or were tiny little references things that only the keenest of eyes would pick up on wink

GhastlyMrC wrote:

Yeah totally. Like I said, I was more kind of thinking aloud, but it would be cool to see little nuggets of each others stories intertwining, as long as they made sense and were justified or were tiny little references things that only the keenest of eyes would pick up on wink

I think that it'd be a really cool fight, however, even if it's not an acutal part of the fight, we can still get on the forums and see who's down to do some "linking" of films. It'd be cool for the viewers to be like, "Hey, that's part of the other story..."

I think if we keep the elements simple it can all work out. We just need an overall theme to work under, or is it going to be "Halloween" theme?

SlugShellProductions wrote:

I think if we keep the elements simple it can all work out. We just need an overall theme to work under, or is it going to be "Halloween" theme?

It's gotta be a halloween fight! I still really really like the classic monster theme... But I'll do any halloween fight.

Yeah a classic monsters things would be awesome. It would be cool to see what could be accomplished on our modest budget's too. Think I'd stay away from the Creature from the Black Lagoon...Scottish weather and lakes = one very cold, unhappy actor

Creature is probably my least favorite monster but also the least done. Everyone else had a ton of sequels, spin-offs and remakes. Black lagoon never got one and that's probably why I'd pick it... It would be great to try and do something original with Frankenstein's monster though...

I think it would be awesome just seeing people's different interpretations of makeup and costumes as well. Ha, the more I think about this the more I get excited by it!

RandomAxe wrote:

Although, I'm REALLY starting to fall in love with the Classic Monster reboot/reimagining idea...  cool

Yeah me too!
My friend just got an idea for a monster movie so it would be really cool if we do a fight with "guy in a monster suit". It's not a really a remake but there's been made movies about this monster. I won't tell what it is but I think you've might heard about it.

So.. are we going to add this?

Seems like a lot of different ideas floating around...

"God's away on business."

deadstrange wrote:

Seems like a lot of different ideas floating around...

Well yeah, there are. But I think the main idea that has come out of this is to do a monster movie fight.

the Monster Reboot would be so awesome to do.