Topic: Open

How about we have a fight where the only rule is that there are no flipping rules!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully it'll mean that all the entrys will be completely different and who ever does the best with just their raw imagination and filmmaking skills will win?
Maybe we could add a time limit but otherwise I think it would be really fun to do to give everyone no boundarys or guidance and see what they come up with  smile

Re: Open

Has ever been done before in 9 years?

HELL NO

LET'S DO IT

This would be AWESOME! Finaly a chance to let my mind loose and do anything.  big_smile
This needs to happen.

Making movies since 2007.

I'm in.

Sounds incredibly tempting.

It sure does! I really really hope it becomes a fight  big_smile

I Like! smile
BTW can you update the new fights list soon?

A part of Smack District, a network for serious and talented interntetbased content creators,
founded in 2013 by YouTube duo Joel Thorsson & Love Sigurd
www.smackdistrict.com | www.facebook.com/smackdistrict

Volatile Productions wrote:

Has ever been done before in 9 years?

HELL NO

LET'S DO IT

We did one fight that was like "Submit your best work" and we had a shitload of entries. Which was good. But kinda defeated the purpose of Film Fights --- making new stuff to a specific theme.

I do however think it's not a terrible idea to get more people involved and I think it would do well and send a lot of people over to the site ... so I'm game for it again

Practically you mean that people should put some stuff here that they've had up on the You Tube for five years.

Yes it is open to that. But Filmfights is about making a new film and this fight would allow us to truely see what us filmfighters can come up with when given no restrictions.
I certainly dont plan on uploading something ive done in the past.

Actually if we do have a time limit, say 4 or 5 mins that will prevent people posting some previous work. Or the only rule is that the film has to be an original work made for Filmfights?

beobug wrote:

Or the only rule is that the film has to be an original work made for Filmfights?

Yeah I reckon so

Justin wrote:

I do however think it's not a terrible idea to get more people involved and I think it would do well and send a lot of people over to the site ... so I'm game for it again

Fuck. Yes.

Oh yeah, it's happening!  big_smile

"God's away on business."

Awesome but I thought it was going to be that people had to make a film especially for FF otherwise everyone will just enter some random thing they filmed last year.

Because it's the holidays for most people, we figured make it easy, and possibly bring in some new people... big_smile

"God's away on business."

So it's suppose to be about sending my best film? But I have already my best film in FilmFights (other movies I've made outside FF.com are bad). Not entering on this one.  sad

The Fire Octopus will be in for the "no rules" fight and probably "our best film" too!
We are working on some others too!
Let's make its guys!!

movieguy wrote:

So it's suppose to be about sending my best film? But I have already my best film in FilmFights (other movies I've made outside FF.com are bad). Not entering on this one.  sad

Why not make your new best piece of work?

20 (edited by movieguy 2012-11-06 9:56 PM)

movieguy wrote:

Oh sorry. I just thought  that it was about submiting an OLD film that has been made outside of FilmFights.
But if it's possible to send a new film I would really, REALLY like to enter on this one because I've had this crazy idea in my mind for a long time.  smile

movieguy wrote:
movieguy wrote:

Oh sorry. I just thought  that it was about submiting an OLD film that has been made outside of FilmFights.
But if it's possible to send a new film I would really, REALLY like to enter on this one because I've had this crazy idea in my mind for a long time.  smile

Certainly! It's open-ended!

I thought it was that you had to make a new film for film fights, the whole point was to be able to make a new film that didnt have any restrictions.

beobug wrote:

I thought it was that you had to make a new film for film fights, the whole point was to be able to make a new film that didnt have any restrictions.

So BASICALLY EVERYONE...

anything goes

beobug wrote:

So BASICALLY EVERYONE...

anything goes

But it should be made for FF, not any old film I made last month

beobug wrote:
beobug wrote:

So BASICALLY EVERYONE...

anything goes

But it should be made for FF, not any old film I made last month

I think a new or old film is irrelevant in this case. If your "best" film happens to be your newest one, then great - otherwise it'll be open for people to submit things they have already created - does that make sense?