Topic: Haiku Ideas?

I'd like to get a bunch of Haiku fight ideas for future use...post them below...

A video haiku is a 3 shot film. 1st shot is 5 sec, next shot is 7 sec, final shot is 5 seconds.

"God's away on business."

Re: Haiku Ideas?

Summer haiku (because summer is soon here big_smile)

Making movies since 2007.

Well its winter where i am now tongue

Just looking over at my list of upcoming movie releases, I see Man of Steel and This Is the End on June 14. Perhaps a super power haiku, or an end of the world haiku?

Filmfighter since 2003 | Watch me on YouTube | GriffinHammond.com

Griffin wrote:

Just looking over at my list of upcoming movie releases, I see Man of Steel and This Is the End on June 14. Perhaps a super power haiku, or an end of the world haiku?

Nice!

An irony haiku! Or a movie haiku!

7 (edited by Ephialtes 2013-04-24 7:07 AM)

Well, it's spring time (in some parts of the world), so how about a Spring Cleaning Haiku. Or maybe just a haiku about cleaning or cleaning something.

What about a summer vacation haiku? Or a road trip haiku?

You know, there are other forms of poetry that can be turned into short videos as well:

(a) Tanka, sister to the Haiku, is a 5-7-5-7-7 syllabic structure.

(b) Common Meter (the preferred style of Emily Dickinson) would be 8-6-8-6.

(c) Elegiac Couplets were common in Latin and Greek and consisted of a line of dactylic hexameter followed by one in dactylic pentameter - which would translate to us as... 6-5, maybe? Or possibly 6-3-3 or 6-3-2 if you wanted to simulate the commonly used caesura in the second line. To keep this intellectually honest, though, you would probably want to allow any thing from 17-7-5 down to 12-5-4.

(d) Heroic couplets might be interesting. They would be 10-10, but they would have to rhyme somehow. (End with similar composition? Have a repeated sound effect? I guess there are lots of ways.)

At this point, we start getting into new territory (like Terza Rima or Petrarchan and Shakespearean sonnets) which could be interesting but would hinge more heavily on "rhyming" and would have less variation in shot length.

EDIT: Oh, how could I forget Limericks: 8-8-5-5-8!

Added!

Griffin wrote:

How about a Malick haiku. Super deep and transcendent, with soft visuals and poetic voice-over's.

Feed the Haiku monster! We need more haiku ideas!

Haven't made haiku videos ever but I got some ideas.
Space haiku (because of the Gravity), Adventure haiku (Hobbit coming in few months), Shop haiku (about shopping or things you see in shops) and a Sleep haiku (you do sleep right?).

Making movies since 2007.