Topic: FFCon Kickstarter Fund?

Here's an idea.

Sounds like a lot of people are being held back by financial woes, which is understandable - it's not easy or cheap flying out here.

Ryan Brewer mentioned something about a Kickstarter -- maybe Film Fights could do an official kickstarter, with the proceeds going to help pay for portions of people's transit out here. I don't know how much we could raise, but if some of the people who know they can't make it for sure, donate a couple bucks, those couple bucks could go towards helping someone who is on the fence actually make it out here.

Thoughts on this? I'm not sure if we could raise ENOUGH to make a big enough dent in a whole bunch of people's expenses, but maybe it would be enough to fund a couple more making it out.

Re: FFCon Kickstarter Fund?

This is a brilliant idea, I don't know if I'll be participating in FFCon2k12 (kinda need to participate in some FFs first!) but if I can't make it I'd gladly put some cash in the stash

Thomas wrote:

This is a brilliant idea, I don't know if I'll be participating in FFCon2k12 (kinda need to participate in some FFs first!) but if I can't make it I'd gladly put some cash in the stash

Awesome -- that'd be exactly the idea!

Yeah. I'm kind of an innovator that way. wink

Seriously though I was actually just kidding when I suggested the kickstarter thing, but now that I think about it, it actually isn't such a bad idea. I think there are enough of us here that we could throw together one helluva campaign. At the very least there's no excuse for the word not to get out.

Besides that, people do this kind of stuff all the time. I don't know how successful they are with it, but I know that it can work. The only issue I foresee is what we would offer donators in return for their hard earned cash. I tell ya what; I'd be more than willing to toss $50 into the pot if we got it started.

rnbrewer wrote:

Yeah. I'm kind of an innovator that way. wink

Seriously though I was actually just kidding when I suggested the kickstarter thing, but now that I think about it, it actually isn't such a bad idea. I think there are enough of us here that we could throw together one helluva campaign. At the very least there's no excuse for the word not to get out.

Besides that, people do this kind of stuff all the time. I don't know how successful they are with it, but I know that it can work. The only issue I foresee is what we would offer donators in return for their hard earned cash. I tell ya what; I'd be more than willing to toss $50 into the pot if we got it started.

Maybe Kickstarter is the wrong specific PLACE to do it, but it's the idea I'm interested in. Like, even a paypal account could work as a place to put in funds -- or indie GoGo to keep track of it all

FF Tee shirts!

Thomas wrote:

FF Tee shirts!

Popcorn like. tongue

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

Justin wrote:

Maybe Kickstarter is the wrong specific PLACE to do it, but it's the idea I'm interested in. Like, even a paypal account could work as a place to put in funds -- or indie GoGo to keep track of it all

You''re right, Kickstarter has the whole 'all or nothing' set up. But the basic idea is a great one. Matt and I would love to come if we could but right now those plane tickets are looking pretty daunting.