Re: The DATE has been set! Let's do this!

PacificWaterStudios wrote:

Hey Justin i have a questions when people go to LA for Film Fights Con do they book a hotel room or they just go to your house?

If you're lucky you'll be able to crash at someones house (providing they live in LA) but otherwise you'll have to find another means of accomodation

Volatile Productions wrote:

Hey Justin i have a questions when people go to LA for Film Fights Con do they book a hotel room or they just go to your house?

If you're lucky you'll be able to crash at someones house (providing they live in LA) but otherwise you'll have to find another means of accomodation

Yup!

FYI, looking into booking a house for FFCon to serve as base of operations and place for people to crash!

ALSO: Upon further thought, I've changed the plans a bit.

Originally we were gonna go to 6 Flags and do an in-camera-edit thing, but 6 Flags is kind of far away and also would be a total annoying shitshow on a summer weekend, so the better course of action is to do like we did in NYC - where we give people a LA/Hollywood area or landmark and a title and we make a film based around that in some way. We were also thinking we could do some kind of re-creation from famous movies in famous locations around here, and that might be neat.

Originally we'd do an "in camera edit" film, where you shoot sequentially and play it back, but it's just not the same with modern DSLR cameras -- there's no tape jitter, and silliness like that, so this year we will be allowing EDITING! The plan is that we'll have a set deadline for the film to be rendered and ready (say, 10pm on Saturday) and if you can get back early, you have more time for editing, but if you get in late, you'll only have until 10pm to scrap together your edit. We'll order some pizza and have some drinks for those that like drinking.

Then we gather in the living room, watch 'em all and vote for a winner!

Deciding to rent a house has really brought this all together for me, and it makes it all make more sense and will be super fun!

Justin wrote:

Originally we'd do an "in camera edit" film, where you shoot sequentially and play it back, but it's just not the same with modern DSLR cameras -- there's no tape jitter, and silliness like that, so this year we will be allowing EDITING!

Does anyone else still use tape? If we were coming we'd have to do it the old way!  big_smile

Justin wrote:

Originally we'd do an "in camera edit" film, where you shoot sequentially and play it back, but it's just not the same with modern DSLR cameras -- there's no tape jitter, and silliness like that, so this year we will be allowing EDITING!

Does anyone else still use tape? If we were coming we'd have to do it the old way!  big_smile

Not for a while ... :[

Justin wrote:

Not for a while ... :[

We're so outdated :'(

12 days to go!!!