Topic: Adaptation of a Classic

Take any Classic novel and adapt it for a short film. Could be any book that's considered classic, and you can adapt it, update it, modernize it in any way you want.

Ideas-
Moby Dick
Tom Sawyer
Peter Pan
Treasure Island
Lord of the Flies

...and many more! lol.

Time: ?? Whaddaya say? 2min? 3?

Re: Adaptation of a Classic

3 minutes, so we get to do the full story ark.

That sounds awesome!!!

Could this mean we could also make adaptation to a Lovecraft story? If so, I'm in!  big_smile

Making movies since 2007.

Lovecraft is definitely up for grabs. Speaking of which, Ryan Brewer of Zone 4 Productions here on FF is doing a half hour film right now called "Nyar." Based on the character Nyarlothep. You should go to the Nyar facebook page and show support!  cool

Looks great! Hopefully it will be good.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhatagn!

Making movies since 2007.

Does it have to be a classic book, though? I mean, can it be something like 'City of Bones'?

Uh huh...yeah...sure.

8 (edited by RandomAxe 2012-11-13 2:10 PM)

Rottenpopcorn wrote:

Does it have to be a classic book, though? I mean, can it be something like 'City of Bones'?

What's City of Bones? The reason I chose classics, is because it's a specific genre of book without limiting to horror, fantasy etc. Also, these classics have been adapted over and over again, it'd be nice to see what your take on a classic story would be. Finally, if you use a classic book, your odds of everyone at least knowing the basic storyline of the source material is much greater. Hope that makes sense.  wink