Re: Open

Justin wrote:
beobug wrote:
Volatile Productions wrote:

So BASICALLY EVERYONE...

anything goes

But it should be made for FF, not any old film I made last month

I think a new or old film is irrelevant in this case. If your "best" film happens to be your newest one, then great - otherwise it'll be open for people to submit things they have already created - does that make sense?

I understand the fight as its been posted but I thought the whole point of FilmFights was to encourage film makers in to making new works. What was great about this one is that it was going to encourage this but not restrict the filmmaker. Ive found in the past I dont create something new for FilmFights because I cant think of a film for the rules, but what would of been so different about this fight is that it would still encourage me to make something new (Which is the whole point right? Learning, developing etc...) but I could make anything I wanted.

beobug wrote:
Justin wrote:
beobug wrote:

But it should be made for FF, not any old film I made last month

I think a new or old film is irrelevant in this case. If your "best" film happens to be your newest one, then great - otherwise it'll be open for people to submit things they have already created - does that make sense?

I understand the fight as its been posted but I thought the whole point of FilmFights was to encourage film makers in to making new works. What was great about this one is that it was going to encourage this but not restrict the filmmaker. Ive found in the past I dont create something new for FilmFights because I cant think of a film for the rules, but what would of been so different about this fight is that it would still encourage me to make something new (Which is the whole point right? Learning, developing etc...) but I could make anything I wanted.

We have "Everyone's Best" slated on the future fights list, which is indeed a bit different than just having an open fight with no rules. IMO, if we did something that was truely open, we'd get a lot of people who'd just submit old stuff anyway, and it'd be impossible to police what was new and created for the site and what wasn't.

I always like to think that whatever I've made most recently is the best thing I've done - always getting better is a good goal - so hopefully you can still use it as inspiration to make something new, the best thing you've done!

Justin wrote:
beobug wrote:
Justin wrote:

We have "Everyone's Best" slated on the future fights list, which is indeed a bit different than just having an open fight with no rules. IMO, if we did something that was truely open, we'd get a lot of people who'd just submit old stuff anyway, and it'd be impossible to police what was new and created for the site and what wasn't.

I always like to think that whatever I've made most recently is the best thing I've done - always getting better is a good goal - so hopefully you can still use it as inspiration to make something new, the best thing you've done!

You could make and easy way of enforcing it. Just make one simple rule that the ff logo has to feature somewhere in your film. It could be on the screen of a computer in the background. On a bit of paper thats stuck to the wall next to your actor. Every film will have it so it doesnt matter.

29 (edited by GhastlyMrC 2012-11-08 3:27 PM)

Man I have two films I'm desperate to make just now, but I'm having to play it patiently...I'd love to have been able to submit them to this fight, but if I really want them to be 'my best work' it's probably best to wait. I'll definitely be plugging them on the forum's when they're done though!

Sadly it seems that I won't be entering on this fight. I don't have a script and my friends aren't interested in this as much as I am.  sad

Making movies since 2007.

So I'm trying to figure out this fight. Lol. The description reads:

"Have you made a short film outside of Film Fights that you want to share? Now is your time!!! Show us what you've got!!!"

It sounds like we can pretty much put up anything that we've made outside of filmfights, right? If so, my other dilemma is that most of my films under 4min. were made for filmfights. I have two that weren't and they're great films that have gotten good reviews, but they're riddled with problems such as lackluster audio quality or bumpy video. The oldest one gets great reviews but it was made by me and my (at the time) 6 year old kid, he even did some of the camera work. The other one was done very quickly and on a whim, so we have a lot of audio issues.

Should I even enter?

I have another film in mind, but I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it together in time...

Go for it man! We need some entries - I guess this problem would never have come about if the rules had been as originally suggested... tongue  I think the problem with saying 'give us yourr best work' is that some of the potential entrants will be intimidated by minor faults in their work, when otherwise they'd be happy to share. Even if they should always trying to be making their next best piece regardless

I'm assuming I can put up the trailer for my short film. It's a little too long for Film Fights, but the trailer is well under 4 minutes.

rnbrewer wrote:

I'm assuming I can put up the trailer for my short film. It's a little too long for Film Fights, but the trailer is well under 4 minutes.

Hells yeah!!! Looking forward to seeing it Ryan!

"God's away on business."

This sounds interesting and fun! I am in big_smile