1 (edited by DeAsianNext2u 2016-10-16 3:16 PM)

Topic: Submission concerns

Hey guys!

New filmmaker and first time fighter here.

I submitted my film called "The Closet" to this week's fight but I got a black screen on the preview but went ahead anyways (I thought it was a bug and it just got stuck).

With less than 12 hours til the deadline I'm just getting worried cause I haven't received a confirmation email.

Note: The one I submitted was a 1080p version and since I was so worried about it going through I deleted that one and reuploaded a 720p version (probably a bad idea) after reading that we should upload it in 720p. When I try to resubmit I get redirected to the homepage (no submission successful video like the first time).

Anyone mind lending a helping hand?

Thanks

Re: Submission concerns

I am too worried my film hasnt gone through Ive beed reloading my email to see if a email pops up saying what weight I was in please respawn

Powelltowel

Well, we're approaching midnight and I haven't gotten a response

Fingers crossed now :c

I emailed you Golden Nugget. Wolfshadow your entry is listed

"God's away on business."

I just entered my submission at 11:20pm.
It's called "Locked In"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2RXHDIM4rQ

Am I still in the running if I'm 40 minutes ahead of the deadline? I see that all the other submissions are on the home page already! sad

-Javi

6 (edited by Career Ender Films 2016-10-17 11:23 AM)

Deadstrange,

How come mine was never uploaded? I emailed you several times like you asked me to but got no response. This was the week before last. I really don't understand the submission process on here.

Thanks,
Michael

7 (edited by nyspawn93 2016-10-17 11:44 AM)

i'm having the same problem, i tried submission last night, didn't work. can I still submit today?

The site needs an update real bad. It would be so awesome if the submission process was more user friendly. Every time I submit I worry that it might not have gone through.

Hey guys,

We are in the process of finding someone to update the site. We know about the submission error issues. Unfortunately, it costs quite a bit of money to get the site updated, and we want to keep FilmFights free, so it comes right out of Justin's pocket to fix the site. It's  a slow process, but we will get it updated.

Thanks!

....So does that mean I am going to actually be in the fight? I submitted it a long time ago...

Deadstrange,

I'm a professional designer. If there's anything I could do to help just let me know. If there's a place to donate, I'd be willing to pitch in on updating the site too. Film Fights is an important place for young filmmakers to grow.

Career Ender Films wrote:

....So does that mean I am going to actually be in the fight? I submitted it a long time ago...

Resubmit, I don't see anything from your group. Are you using a YouTube link or directly uploading to the site?

Try uploading to YouTube and then use the URL to submit here.

Javi0usly wrote:

Deadstrange,

I'm a professional designer. If there's anything I could do to help just let me know. If there's a place to donate, I'd be willing to pitch in on updating the site too. Film Fights is an important place for young filmmakers to grow.

Thanks dude! Do you have a website with your work?

I tried both at the time but neither worked (youtube link, direct upload).
You also requested me to email you. I did as well. I sent it via careerenderfilms (at) gmail.com to filmfights (at) gmail.com

I will try to resubmit when I get home today.

Thanks!
Michael

Career Ender Films wrote:

I tried both at the time but neither worked (youtube link, direct upload).
You also requested me to email you. I did as well. I sent it via careerenderfilms (at) gmail.com to filmfights (at) gmail.com

I will try to resubmit when I get home today.

Thanks!
Michael

Just found your emails. I recently condsolidated like 8 different email addresses so I'm guessing maybe that's why I never saw your emails. Give it another go tonight and message me back, once it's submitted.

deadstrange wrote:
Javi0usly wrote:

Deadstrange,

Thanks dude! Do you have a website with your work?

I'm a visual designer at Amazon but my skills are in graphics rather than a web design. I've re-skinned plenty of Wordpress templates in my day for my site: http://gameovernation.com/

Here's a link to my totally outdated portfolio: http://cargocollective.com/javiG0N

I wouldn't be able to build a site from scratch, but I can help with the look, feel and any banners you may need.

BTW: My submission for "What was that noise" is still nowhere to be found. sad I tried re-submitting just now.

Thanks,
-Javi

Not sure if my submission went through, didn't get any email, so I was wondering if I have to resubmit.