Topic: Adobe Sound Sync Issue

I am editing an mpeg1 file in which the sound syncs up fine when played. My problem is that when I bring the footage into Adobe Premiere the sound unsyncs. It has the same running time as the picture footage, but seems to be running behind the images enough to be noticable. I've tried just moving the sound track over so it will match up on the current scene, but as soon as I render the next scene I see it is out of sync again.

Do you have any suggestions on what might be causing this? thanks

Re: Adobe Sound Sync Issue

mpeg1 in premiere = balls. i hear vegas video handles mpeg1,2, etc without a hitch.

http://www.nakedcastle.com/images/sig-travis.gif

Actually I just figured it out. I took the file into TmpegEnc and used a multiplex tool to multiplex the file as a svcd(mpeg2) the sound problems then went away. I think the fact I shoehorned in as much extra data and bitrate into mpeg1 as possible caused the problem. The file is only 18 minutes and the original un-multiplexed file read as 1 hour 30 minutes in adobe. The new file reads right and the sound syncs like a champ.

Another quick note to people starting to use adobe premiere. Audio desynchs quite easily if you import mp3s as an audio source. Always convert them to .wavs to prevent the desynching.

I have had trouble with audio when i compress to divx... is it the compression falut or is it mine.